Boys Miss Out on State

Kameron Kottas, Head Writer

Bengal Boys had a difficult year of varsity basketball. Unfortunately, the team didn’t make it to state as they lost to Kalispell in the final game of the regular season by 7 points (57-50). However, they were successful in both crosstown games. The first cross town game was very close, but Helena High won by one point with a final score of 48-47. The second crosstown game was a little bit more of a walk away for the Bengals with a 43-33 win over the Bruins. The team managed to come out with 6 wins in the entire season.

Throughout the season, the team celebrated the last year of five seniors: Keair Adgerson, Taylor England, Kendall Johnson, Brian McMahon, and Gabe Walsh. When Senior Taylor England was asked if he was happy about the turnout of the season he said “ not record wise. But I was happy to just play with the boys and to share the season with some good friends I’ve played with since middle school.” It is England’s last year of high school basketball and he said, “It’s weird and bittersweet to know I won’t be playing with them again.” He was also named as the 2/20 senior standout for being one of the best players in the state.

The underclassman were also a big help this season. when asked if he was happy with the way the season turned out, Grady Koeing, a sophomore, said, “ We wish it could have went different, it’s always nice to make it to the state tournament, but I like the way our seniors ended their basketball career playing the hardest they could.”. Grady says “Next year I hope we can make it to the state tournament as one of the top three seeds”.