Weekly Roundup (November 1-8)

Jackie Collver, Writer

What’s Happening at Helena High? 

Bake Sale 

What’s better than a yummy brownie or cookie for a lunch snack? Well, thanks to the bake sale on November 3rd and 4th, students were able to get the amazing snack they had been craving. The sweet sale was ran thanks to members of Student Council in support of the class Science Seminar in order to raise money for a greenhouse. This greenhouse will be at 6 Ward Community Garden, and many students eagerly await its arrival.  

Art Club 

Art club started on Wednesday of last week! Student artists from all grades went to Ms. Jaynes’ room at lunch to draw and talk about art and potential projects. Art club will continue to meet on Wednesdays in room 49, and any student who enjoys art is encouraged to join. 

Crosstown Play 

Theater has also been brewing a project. Helena High and Capital High students have banded together and are performing The Women by Ann Clare Boothe Luce. Their first performances took place November 4th through the 6th. Their next performances will be this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 pm. The play is held in the Capital High auditorium, and tickets are $8 for students and seniors and $10 for adults. 

Mock Trial 

Finally, mock trial has started for the season! Their informational meetings were held last Thursday and this Monday, although students interested in joining mock trial only needed to come to one.  Just like last year, Mr. Askin will be in charge of the mock trial team. The team is excited to welcome new members from all grade levels to the team. They are hoping to go to Nationals again this year!