Want a Job? Check Out Helena Summer Jobs Program

The Helena Summer Jobs Program (HSJP) is a terrific opportunity for high school students to gain paid work experience over the summer.  With a minimum requirement of 25 hours a week, students will be able to accomplish their work goals for the summer, no matter what they are.   

Worried about previous training requirements? Don’t be! Teens will get $50 just for completing a few hours of training with their new employer. 

There are a ton of different workplaces to choose from as well. East Helena High School is looking for outdoor maintenance work, and Helena Park and Recreation needs lifeguards, swim instructors, park counselors, and concession and front desk staff. Other businesses to consider include the Helena Regional Airport, Discovery Kid Zone, Ehlke Herefords, BKBH, Helena Athletic Club, Home2 Suites, Montana Hydraulics, Morrison Maierle, Korpi Lawn and Landscape, Opportunity Bank, Reach Higher Montana, Touchmark, Townsend Tire and West Mont.  

Whatever your passion might be, you are guaranteed to find something up your alley.  

Applications open annually in March, and they’re very simple. To pair students with a job, they answer questions about their interests as well as their school and community accomplishments. It’s easy to fill out too – it only took me a half hour or so. Next, someone from the Summer Helena Jobs Program will email the student with an interview time. This year, they were over Zoom, but they are normally in-person. This was an easy process, and the interview lasted about fifteen to twenty minutes.  

Finally, teens are paired with a job! HSJP tries their hardest to set students up with the job they want. Once they do so, students will have one last interview with the employer to secure their job position.