Senior Trips

Childhood’s End Deserves a Celebration

High school offers many opportunities for students to gather over common interests. Clubs and sports teams become places where you feel like you belong and can make memories.

After high school, being able to meet on a regular basis with people who enjoy the same interests becomes harder. We as seniors have to realize that our last year of high school is our last opportunity to do things like attend a high school dance, concert, play, or game. Instead of stressing about homework, seniors should focus on making the most of their last year and try to create fun memories with their friends. 

Another event that can only happen once in your life is going on a senior trip to celebrate the end of high school. Senior trips are often a celebration that we are DONE with mandatory classes, but for others it marks the end of one of the best perks of high school: being able to spend time with friends every day. 

If you’re wondering how to fund such a trip, you can use some of the congratulations money you get when you graduate. Some seniors have gone to Las Vegas; others take senior trips backpack and exploring Europe. 

“I’m going to Philadelphia to watch a few Brewers games against the Phillies,” Connor Casne-Jones said. Casne-Jones is making the trip with his mom this spring break. 

“I’m going to Portillo, Chile to go skiing,” Nick Pida said. Pida is taking this trip sometime this summer with his parents. 

Personally, I’m going on a trip  in San Marcos, California with my best friend Ema Terry. We plan on going to Disneyland and Disney Adventure Park. We also want to see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Hollywood sign. I’m looking forward to visiting the Children’s Pool Beach to hopefully see sea lions and the San Diego Zoo. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to making memories with my friend.

Senior trips let us experience new things firsthand, but most importantly, it marks the end of our childhood. Traveling can let you practice foreign language skills, experience another culture, and perhaps learn some history. 

Seniors should plan a trip after graduation no matter how small or big it is. It does not matter where you go or what you do for your senior trip as long as you have fun! Traveling is about the journey not the destination.