Looking Back on the Years

Katie Huntley

As June begins to approach, I have accepted the reality that my four years of high school are finally wrapping up. Between big senior projects, getting my graduation gown, thinking about a permanent job, and battling senioritis, I’ve began to ponder about the things I did throughout my years here, and what leaving high school means to me.

Though I often claim I am so ready to get out of this school, there is a part of me that knows there are many things and people that I will miss. I have made and lost many friends, but that is life, and it has made me who I am today. Many teachers have impacted me throughout the years. To this day I will always remember how much I enjoyed English 1 with Mr. Sykes. Everyday we would study a new set of Latin roots, and it intrigued me immensely. I will forever remember him and the fun I had in the class. Another teacher that had a large impact on me was Mr. Askin, who also happens to be my uncle. I have worked the morning Catty Shack with him since sophomore year. Though the early mornings can be terrible sometimes, I always enjoyed interacting with customers and working with some amazing people.

High school was always a challenge for me, but it paid off. I am a person with little motivation, who hates homework. Though that was a problem at first, I learned how to balance my homework and my after school job. High school was not easy for me, not in the slightest, but I wouldn’t change a thing. There are aspects I disliked, but high school was a big learning experience for me, and I am thankful for every moment of it. My high school years are finally coming to an end, and I am content with the person I am today.